The countdown is on for 2013. While it’s quite easy to drop a bundle for this much awaited day, area locations make it affordable to go out and enjoy the festivities without the added costs. Here’s are some of the offerings:
- Clematis Countdown – There will be a free 20-minute fireworks display at midnight, overlooking the downtown waterfront
- Feelgood’s Rock Bar & Grill (219 Clematis St, West Palm Beach) will host a “Party Rock” NYE party with resident DJ DP. It will include a balloon drop with a chance to win cash prizes. Doors open at 8:00 pm and entry is $20. This includes an open bar until 10:00 pm. For more information, visit feelgoodswestpalm.com or call (561) 833-6500.
- Lost Weekend (221 Clematis St., 2nd floor) will host an 80’s-themed party with DJ Buza spinning the hits from this favorite decade. There is no cover for this event. For more information, call (561) 820-8886.
- O’Shea’s (531 Clematis St) is hosting a NYE party, complete with live entertainment by the Sweet Chariots and The Kilbillies both inside and on the courtyard. Guests will enjoy a complimentary Champagne toast at midnight with party favors. When you make a reservation for 4 before 9:30 pm, your table will receive a free bottle of Champagne. There is no cover. For more information, call (561) 833-3865.
- Roxy’s, (309 Clematis St.,) will host a “Revenge of the Nerds New Year’s” party on the rooftop at Sky309. The Spazmatics and DJ JayR will provide musical entertainment. There will be a “best dressed nerd” contest to win cash prizes, and all guests dressed as nerds will receive free shots all night. For table reservations or more information, call (561) 296-7699.
- World of Beer’s (101 N. Clematis St., suite 100,) NYE bash will include giveaways all night, a Champagne toast at midnight and live music from 9:00 pm until 2:00 am. The regular menu of beers will be available. For more information, visit clematis.wobusa.com or call (561) 833-3375.