If you’d like to dust off your bicycle and do some sightseeing on two wheels, Florida offers plenty of scenic biking routes for your to enjoy.
- Sanibel Island features about 25 miles of bike paths running along shops, restaurants, parks and natural attractions
- Lake Okeechobee scenic 110-mile route, mostly on a tall dyke overlooking the lake. The trail is accessible from various recreation areas around the lake
- Sarasota , a designated pedestrian and biking route on a paved surface along a former railroad route from Sarasota to Venice. An historic train depot and parks are along the route
- Palm Beach biking along opulent resorts, homes and architecture, bike rentals at Palm Beach Bicycle Trail Shop, palmbeachbicycle.com
- St. Johns River to the Sea Loop, about 260 miles, scenic route mostly along A1A and St. Johns River, includes St. Augustine, Welaka, Palatka, Flagler Beach, New Smyrna Beach and other towns. The route includes the popular Ormond Scenic Loop, featuring state and local parks
- Oleta River State Park, paved routes and rugged areas for mountain biking, 3400 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach 33160, 305-919-1844