Memphis, the 2010 Tony Award-winning Best Musical, is coming to the big screen, and we have tickets to give away to showings in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. We want to share them with our friends, so this contest is all about sharing your love for Palm Beach on the Cheap and Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap (you DO love us, don’t you?)
The Broadway performance, captured live in HD digital cinemas, will be shown only four days at selected movie theaters nationwide: Thursday, April 28; Saturday, April 30; Sunday, May 1; and Tuesday, May 3. Readers of Palm Beach on the Cheap and Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap can win a pair of passes to see Memphis on the big screen.
You can read about the Memphis movie here and watch the video trailer here.
Our giveaway is for showings at 7: 30 p.m. April 28, 7:30 p.m. April 30, 12:30 p.m. May 1 and 7:30 p.m. May 3 at the Regal Cypress Creek Stadium 16, 6415 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale. We have 40 passes to give away, two each to 20 lucky winners.
If you’d rather see the movie in Miami, enter our contest at Miami on the Cheap to win tickets to showings at Dolphin Cinebistro, 11471 NW 12th St, Miami. You may enter both contests if you’re a daily subscriber to both sites.
Here’s how to enter:
- Subscribe to our daily feed or e-mail update from Palm Beach on the Cheap or Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap. If you already subscribe, proceed to step 2.
- Send an email with your name and postal mailing address to [email protected]. Include the e-mail address with which you subscribe to our feed. We don’t share or even save the addresses, just use them to check for duplicate entries and verify entrants are South Florida residents. Plus, if you win, we’ll need to mail you the movie passes right away. If you don’t include your mailing address and the e-mail address with which you subscribe to the daily feed and tell us which feed, your entry will be discarded.
- Put MEMPHIS FORT LAUDERDALE in the subject line. This is important, because it routes your entry to the contest mailbox.
- List your first, second, third and fourth choice for the day you would like to attend. If there is a day, you cannot attend, do not list that day. Once we draw the winners, it will be impossible to change days.
- Enter by midnight EDT Thursday, April 21.
If you share the news, we’re going to give you ADDITIONAL entries:
- After you have sent an email with your address to the email above, share a link to this blog post on Facebook and/or Twitter and then leave a comment for each time *you shared it (one for Facebook and one for Twitter) and how you shared it.
- Become a fan of Palm Beach on the Cheap or a fan of Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap on Facebook and leave a comment here or on the Facebook page letting us know that you’ve a new fan.
Entrants must be 18 or older. One entry per household. Winners must be residents of South Florida. The winners will be chosen via a random number generator from all valid entries.