After nearly a year of waiting, the Covid-19 vaccine is out and ready for distribution. All Florida residents 12 and older are eligible to get vaccines. Teens under 18 can receive only the Pfizer vaccine. They will also need this consent form at state sites.
Instead of spending hours searching the internet, you can use our all-in-one guide on where to get the COVID vaccine in Palm Beach County. The vaccine is free for recipients. With nearly all major pharmacies offering the vaccine, plus governor and nonprofit sites, it is getting easier to find a COVID vaccine in Palm Beach County. Most pharmacies no longer require appointments or make same-day appointments. However, you may need an appointment to get a Pfizer booster in the next few weeks while demand is high.
Most pharmacies will begin giving the third-dose booster shots on Friday, Sept. 24, or Saturday, Sept. 25. Appointments are recommended.
Where to Get the Vaccine
Publix, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Walgreens, Winn-Dixie and CVS pharmacies are administering the vaccine in Florida to residents 16 and older, though some may accept only those 18 and older. Independent pharmacies are also providing vaccines. Most stores accept walk-ins.
These are the links to check for those vaccines:
- Publix. All Miami-Dade locations with pharmacies. You can make an appointment online or walk in. Moderna and Pfizer.
- CVS. Vaccines are available at most CVS stores with pharmacies, plus all CVS Pharmacy y más stores and all Navarro Discount Pharmacy stores. People without computer access can call CVS customer service at 1-800-746-7287. Walk-in or appointment. Moderna or Pfizer, varies by store.
- Walgreens. Vaccines are available in most South Florida stores. If you want to make an appointment, you need to create an online account at Walgreens.com. You can also call 1-800-925-4733 and schedule via an automated phone system. Moderna or Pfizer, varies by store.
- Costco. Vaccines are available at most South Florida Costco stores. Moderna, Pfizer and J&J, varies by store. You do not need to be a member.
- Walmart. Most stores are offering the vaccine in South Florida. Moderna and Pfizer, varies by store.
- Winn-Dixie. Vaccines are offered in Miami, Aventura, Margate and Lake Worth. Pfizer.
- Sam’s Club. Vaccines are available in Miami, Miramar, Sunrise, Coral Springs and West Palm Beach. Moderna.
- Atlantis Pharmacy, 100 John F Kennedy Dr, Atlantis, FL 33462, is offering the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. You can make an appointment here or call 561-232-2893 and ask for Amanda or Erin.
- Belle Glade Pharmacy, 136 South Main Street, Suite B, Belle Glade, FL 33430, is offering the Moderna vaccine. Request an appointment here or call 561-571-9861.
- Yamato Pharmacy, 9101 Lakeridge Blvd #10, Boca Raton, FL 33496, is offering the Moderna vaccine from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, no appointment required. Phone: 561-487-9260.
- Ira's Discount Pharmacy and Total Care Pharmacy are providing the Moderna vaccine at 4900 Linton Blvd., Delray Beach 33445. For an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of birth, and a copy of your driver's license and insurance card. Medicare recipients need to provide a copy of the Medicare card.
- Delray Shores Pharmacy, 124 NE 5th Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33483, is offering the Moderna vaccine. Call 561-272-2124 for an appointment.
- Progress Pharmacy, 8170 Okeechobee Blvd Suite 5, West Palm Beach, FL 33411, is offering the Moderna and J&J vaccines. You can schedule an appointment here.
This tool lets you see all the available pharmacy appointments at once (you can search by ZIP) and see which pharmacies offer which vaccines. But there is a chance some pharmacy openings are not updated. You can also search for independent pharmacies in your area here.
Health Care District of Palm Beach County
The Health Care District of Palm Beach County is providing Pfizer and J&J vaccines using mobile vans stations that move around the county. You can find the schedule and locations here for county pop-up sites.
There is a walk-in vaccine site:
- Lantana Clinic Parking Lot, 1250 Southwinds Drive, Lantana, FL 33462. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Pfizer and J&J.
Vaccines are available during regular doctor’s office visits at the nine C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinic sites in Palm Beach County. For an appointment, call 561-642-1000.
Community events in Palm Beach County
FoundCare is offering Moderna, Pfizer and J&J vaccines at 2330 South Congress Ave, Palm Springs, FL 33406. Call 561-432-7907 for appointments.
ARCPoint Labs is offering the Moderna, Pfizer and J&J vaccines in Delray Beach and West Palm Beach. You can call 561-576-9700 for Delray Beach or 561-420-0010 for West Palm Beach.
Hospitals and medical practices
These hospitals and health care centers are providing vaccines when they have them available. Some private physicians and medical practices are also now able to provide the vaccine. Click the hospital name to find available appointments.
- The Cleveland Clinic is providing vaccines to previous patients with appointments offered via MyChart accounts. You can get instructions for making an appointment here.
- Sanitas Medical Centers are offering vaccines at multiple locations in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. You do not need to be a current patient. You can book an appointment here or call 1-844-515-1800.
The Veterans Administration is now providing vaccines to all veterans, plus spouses and caregivers at a VA clinic. The VA may also vaccinate homebound veterans who qualify. Walk-in vaccines are available 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday in West Palm Beach You can make an appointment for a vaccine between 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 am. and 1 to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday in Delray Beach. Call 561-422-5220 for an appointment.