Food Distribution Sites have always been around, but lately, they’ve been popping up in new places — thanks to Palm Beach County’s community efforts. These sites offer free food to help out families in need.
This is a work in progress and we’ll be posting on additional food resources. If you or an organization that you know is distributing food, please send the complete details to Katy
Food Distribution Sites:
Farm Share, a non-profit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables & other food items, is offering drive-through distribution events in South Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, non-perishable items & water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pick-ups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org or texting “EAT” to 41-444
- November 13 from 8-11 a.m at the Palm Beach Outlets hosted by Tree of Life Resource Center (future dates — December 11)
Feeding South Florida recommends checking online to verify the event is on the day you are participating. We’re adding others and will try to keep this as updated as possible. To see a current list, visit Feeding South Florida.
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: City of Lake Worth, 1121 Lucerne Ave, Lake Worth
- Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.: The Villages of Royal Palm, 11600 Poinciana Blvd, Royal Palm Beach
- Tuesdays from 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Town of Wellington, 10300 Forest Hill Blvd, Wellington
- Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – United Haitian, 2015 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach
- Every other Saturday (the next is on 11/14) from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hope in Action East, 2341 S. Military Trail, West Palm Beach
- Mondays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. – City of West Palm Beach, 1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach
- Fridays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – City of Riviera Beach, 2409 Avenue H W, Riviera Beach
- Every other Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (distribution will not take place on Thanksgiving) – Hope in Action-Community of Hope, 14055 Okeechobee Boulevard, Loxahatchee
- 11/21 from 9-11 a.m. – City of Boynton Beach, 901 N Congress Ave, Boynton Beach
- 11/21 from 9-11 a.m. – Urban League of Palm Beach, 1700 N. Australian, West Palm Beach
- 11/19 from 8-11 a.m. – Boynton Beach, Hester Center, 1901 Seacrest Blvd, Boynton Beach
- 11/23 from 9 – 11 a.m. – City of Palm Beach Gardens, 5343 Northlake Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens
Palm Beach County Food Bank has a list of partner venues who are offering food distribution.
Palm Beach Outlets: The Outlets will host a drive-thru community food distribution, sponsored by Schumacher Automotive, on the 2nd Friday of the month from 8-10 a.m.
Food Aid for Hospitality Workers
- Rodney Mayo launched Hospitality Helping Hands, where those who have lost their job in the hospitality industry can stop by for groceries on Saturdays at 3 p.m. 300 Broadway Avenue in Riviera Beach. The line starts at 9 a.m.
Food Aid for Pets
- If you’re looking for temporary assistance with feeding your pet(s), check out Peggy’s Pantry (part of Peggy Adams Animal Shelter).
Food Aid for Children
- The School District of Palm Beach County is offering a Grab and Go bag filled with food items on Tuesdays and Thursdays now through December 31
Are we missing some distribution centers? Let us know in the comments.
More Useful Resources
- Open enrollment for ACA health insurance in Florida
- Updated: Food Distribution Sites in Palm Beach County
- Where to Find Hand Sanitizer
- How to Apply for Unemployment Assistance in Florida Without Having the Website Crash
- How to Remove Your Gel Manicure or Dip Powder at Home
- 5 Free Fitness Apps to Keep Your Body in Good Shape