If you are a senior and looking for something to do during the week, the city of Boynton Beach has you covered with a variety of activities ranging from Mah Jongg to Line Dancing. All activities are free throughout the spring for registered participants, and you can register at the Senior Center.
Here is a schedule of some of the classes:
- Seaside Cafe – FREE WIFI! – Enjoy a hot cup of coffee or read a book in the relaxing Seaside Cafe Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – noon.
- Delray Medical Services provides blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings on the second Tuesday of every other month from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Outlook Club for the Blind – If you are vision-impaired, join this great club on Thursdays at 9 a.m. for coffee, socializing, arts & crafts and lunch!
- A.N.T.H.U.M. Jazz Band Dance– If you love to dance, this is your chance every Thursday from 1 – 3 p.m.
- South Coast Big Band – Come dance to this great 15 piece band every Wednesday from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Fitness Room (Members Only) – All participants must complete a registration packet, sign a waiver and complete an orientation. Equipment includes two treadmills, two recumbent bicycles, a six station universal gym and elliptical machine.
The Boynton Beach Senior Center is located at 1021 N. Federal Hwy. For more information call, 561-742-6570, visit the city web site , check out the Senior Center newsletter or Funfare! Magazine.