Although not fully opened yet, Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is offering guided tours for families and individuals Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. through June 25 with advanced reservations required through Webtrac.
Naturalist guides will lead the way on an hour and a half tour taking adventurists through the butterfly garden, into the shaded Ashley Trail loop with a stop at the authentic Seminole Chiki offering amazing views of the water. Visit recovering patients at the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Facility and get a close-up view of fish and stingrays in their four large outdoor aquariums.
- Residents (those who reside within the City of Boca Raton or Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District)and Members: $5 per person
- All others: $8 per person
- Children under three are FREE
- Same-day registration is $10 per person at the gate if space is available
- Credit cards only
Facial coverings are optional, and CDC guidelines for social distancing are encouraged where applicable.
For more information, including accessibility options, call (561) 544-8605.
- Webtrac Activity Numbers:
- 355401 (A1-A3 June 8); (B1-B3 June 9); (C1-C3 June 10); (D1-D3 June 12) Reg. open now
- 355402 (A1-A3 June 15); (B1-B2 June 16); (C1-C3 June 17); (D1-D3 June 19) Reg. June 1/8
- 355403 (A1-A3 June 22); (B1-B3 June 23); (C1-C3 June 24) (No Tours 6/26) Reg. June 1/8
Stroll the Boardwalk
Take in the sights and sounds of Mother Nature along the Gumbo Limbo Boardwalk. The half-mile-round trip takes you through the Coastal Hammock Forest under a canopy of trees.
Before you visit, please note the following:
- The Boardwalk is only accessible from the Red Reef West parking lot, 1371 N Ocean Blvd.
- The Boardwalk is open from 7:30 am to sunset
- Parking fees apply ($2 weekday and $3 weekend 4-hour max.)
- Restrooms are available at the golf course
The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, north trails and parking lots remain closed in response to the Coronavirus pandemic until further notice.
The Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is located at 1801 North Ocean Boulevard (A1A) Boca Raton. For more information call (561) 544-8605. For the latest information on what’s open in Boca Raton parks visit, gumbolimbo.org and myboca.us.