Once again, a holiday gift card is at the top of many people’s wish lists this holiday season. Gift cards are always an efficient and convenient way to check off your holiday shopping list. Best of all, it pays to give gift cards because of the bonus offers, this time of year. Most of the gift cards must be purchased by December 31, in order to receive the bonus — some promos end earlier, so check first. In addition, some promos are available online or in-store only, while others are available either way. (For true savings, it’s better to buy the gift cards in-store, rather than pay any potential shipping charges.)
We’ve compiled a round-up of bonus offers from popular national restaurants and retailers — and mixed in a some local gift card bonus offers, too. Plus, review our tips on how to maximize the promos at the end of the list.
- Merchant – Minimum gift card purchase = bonus offer
- Applebee’s: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Benihana: $50 = $10 Promo Card
- BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse: $100 = $25 Bonus Card and 20% off VIP Card / $50 = $10 Bonus Card and 20% off VIP Card.
- Bolay: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Bonefish Grill: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- BRIO Tuscan Grille: $100 = $25 Bonus Card
- Buca di Beppo: $50 = $10 Reward Card
- Carrabba’s: $50 + $10 bonus card
- California Pizza Kitchen: $100 = $20 Promo Card
- Chili’s: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- City Cellar: $50 = $10 bonus card
- City Oyster: $50 = $10 bonus card
- Denny’s: $25 = $50 in Denny’s coupons
- DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse): $100 = $25 Bonus Card, $50 = $10
- Duffy’s: $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Grease: $50 = $10 bonus card
- Grimaldi’s Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria: $50 = $10 Bonus Card / $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Jamba Juice: $25 = $5
- Longhorn Steakhouse: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Louie Bossi’s: $50 = $10 bonus card
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt: $25 = $5 Bonus Card
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: $250 = $50 Reward Card
- Olive Garden: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Outback Steakhouse: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- Panera Bread: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro: $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Red Lobster: $50 = $10 off Coupon
- Red Robin: $25 = $5 Bonus Buck Reward
- Regal Cinemas: $50 = $10 Concessions Bonus Card
- Rocco’s Tacos: $50 = $10 bonus card
- Ruby Tuesday: $50 = $15 Bonus Coupon
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: $250 0r more = 10% Bonus
- Seasons 52: $100 = $20 Bonus Card
- Souplantation:$50 = FREE Meal Pass
- Steak ‘n Shake: $20 = $5 Certificate
- T.G.I. Friday’s: $25 = $5 Bonus Bites Card
- Tony Roma’s: $50 = $15 Roma Bucks
- Wendy’s: $2 Frosty Key Tag = FREE Jr. Frosty with any purchase in 2019
- Yard House: $50 = $10 Bonus Card
Remember, price and participation may vary by location. It’s also important to note that most, if not all, of the offers are for “bonus cards” — not gift cards. Review the fine print for limitations, including minimum purchase requirements, date restrictions or menu exclusions first. Also, many businesses don’t allow you to combine multiple bonus cards in a single transaction. Plus, most (if not all) bonuses are not valid until Jan. 1, 2020.
Who says a holiday gift card has to be a gift? If you have a favorite restaurant or merchant offering a gift card bonus, “pre-pay” for goods and services now…and “gift” yourself the bonus.
Plus, get more bonuses by breaking down a large purchase. For example, if the bonus is for a $25 (or more) gift card and you’re buying a $50 gift card, why not purchase two $25 gift cards in separate transactions instead? You just doubled your bonus. However, many businesses give you a bonus for each gift card purchased at a specified amount (usually $25 or $50) — so there’s no need for multiple transactions. As always, clarify first before purchasing, especially because gift cards are typically non-refundable.
A version of this gift card bonus post first appeared on Living on the Cheap.