If you enjoy visiting local museums it can quickly get expensive, especially if it is a family affair, but luckily many South Florida museums offer free admission at least once per month, and there are often special activities scheduled on those days. Take advantage of these freebie days and you will be able to afford to buy snacks or get a a souvenir from the gift shop.
Palm Beach Free Museum Days:
- Norton Museum of Art Free Thursdays for Florida residents till Sept. 3rd and Free Saturdays year round for Palm Beach County residents with proof of residency.
- Flagler Museum This museum holds a yearly event on June 5th called Founders Day when admission is free to all.
- Science Center and Aquarium Free admission is available to B of A customers – see below for more info on that program. You can also save $2.00 of tickets with a Facebook check-in.
Free Museum Days in Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Museum Of Art Free admission for members and children under 12 and for all visitors every first Sunday of each month. Blue Star Museum which offers free admission to active duty military personnel and families.
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum Free admission for members. Participating Blue Star Museum for free admission to military personnel and their families.
Free Museum Days in Broward
- Coral Springs Museum of Art. Free every Wednesday. Blue Star Museum, offering free admission to active military personnel.
- Art and Culture Center of Hollywood. Free the third Sunday of each month, noon to 4 p.m. Check their schedule for details.
- Plantation Historical Museum. Free entry, days and hours vary, 954-797-2722
For an extensive list of Miami Museums offering free admission click here.
On the first weekend of every month, anyone with a Bank of America credit or debit card can get free admission to museums nationwide through the Museums on Us program.
In Palm Beach you can enjoy free admisson to:
In Broward, you can get free admission to:
Free Museum Day Live!
Organized by the Smithsonian Museums, where admission is always free, this is a one day event where participating museums across the country offer free admission for two. Tickets are required and go on sale August 1 every year. Click for participating Florida museums and for general information about this nationwide event.
*We recommend checking with each museum prior to arriving to ensure free admissions are still in effect.