Whether you’re at home or traveling, you can open your mind and enjoy FREE admission to hundreds of museums and cultural institutions across the U.S., as part the 17th annual Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day on Sept. 18, 2021.
To get started, visit the Museum Day site, search for participating museums in your area. Participants are allowed to download one ticket per e-mail address. Each ticket provides complimentary general admission for two people. Tickets are available starting Aug. 18.
Limit one ticket per household. If you’re planning a group excursion, each pair will need to download their own admit-two pass.
The event was cancelled in 2020. However, in 2019, nearly 325,000 tickets were claimed.
These are the participating South Florida museums:
- Ancient Spanish Monastery, North Miami Beach
- Art and Culture Center of Hollywood
- Coral Springs Museum of Art
- Cornell Art Museum, Delray Beach
- Florida Keys History & Discovery Center, Islamorada
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum, Miami
- History Fort Lauderdale
- Key West Museum of Art & History
- Old Davie School Historical Museum
- Tennessee Williams Museum, Key West
- Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami
- Wiener Museum of Decorative Arts, Dania Beach
See all the participating Florida museums here.
For FAQs about the program, click here.