The South Florida Science Center and Aquarium offers a special half-price deal called Half Price for Heroes the last Saturday of every for frontline workers and first responders, plus up to three family members with each eligible guest. It is one of several discounts available to science center visitors. The last event of the season is Saturday, June 26.
“Frontline workers and first responders are the heroes of our society, and we have their tireless efforts to thank for keeping the country running in 2020,” said Kate Arrizza, president and CEO of the Science Center.
“This event is a way to give back to those who gave so much over the past year and make sure they feel appreciated while providing an opportunity for them to spend quality time with their families while learning about science,” she added.
Half Price for Heroes Day on June 26
The Half Price for Heroes discount on June 26 covers nurses, doctors, paramedics, EMTs, police, fire fighters, teachers, nursing home staff, health care workers and grocery store employees.
The museum also opens one hour early just for this group, at 9 a.m. instead of 10 a.m. This special will be good on: April 24, May 29 and June 26.
Workers must show ID badge.
The center offers these additional discounts:
- Dual Discovery Pass. This pass covers one full day at the South Florida Science Center & Aquarium plus another day later at the Palm Beach Zoo.
- Bank of America “Museums on Us.” Bank of America or Merrill Lynch cardholders one free general admission the first full weekend of every month (Saturday and Sunday). Not valid with other discounts.
- Brightline Discount. Show your Brightline Train ticket and get $2 off general admission. One discount per ticket, and discount must be within seven days of train ride.
- “A” For Science Program: K-12 students who receive an “A” (or highest grade) in science on their most recent report card will receive free general admission with the purchase of a paid regular adult ticket. Report card must be presented, and children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Field Research Ranger Program. The Palm Beach County School District and the Resource in Science Education (RISE) Network created the Field Research Ranger Program, which covers 16 natural and cultural organizations in Palm Beach County. Students can participate in a special activity and get free admission (with a full-price adult admission) to the Science Center if they download a passport booklet here.
- Blue Star Museum. This program, which offers free admission to active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Armed Forces Day through Labor Day. Veterans and active-duty military receive 20 percent off year-round.
- Military Discount. Veterans and active-duty military receive 20 percent off discount on admission year-round.
- Facebook “check-in” discount. You can get $2 off general admission when you “check-in” on Facebook at the Science Center and show the check-in on your phone to the staff. This offer is good for up to four people, excludes special events and can’t be combined with other offers.
- Group discounts are available for groups of 15 or more. Call 561-832-2026 or email email@example.com to sign up for a group discount.